Throughout history there have always been men & women who had an understanding of the times in which they lived. Those who understood the good & evil, those who refused to bow to wickedness and evil rulers. Those who understood their faith & the end results of their actions and words.
1st Chronicles 12:32. And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.
1st Kings 19:18. Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
1st Peter 5:12. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13. But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
From the Halls of the Faithful echoes Hebrews 11:32. And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33. Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
34. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36. And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37. They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38. (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40. God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
Reader, all of these examples are people who knew and had an understanding of the times in which they lived. Believing in a Living GOD they trusted HIS words & love, not blindly but because they saw the hand of the Divine moving in their lives and in the world around them. Some saw miracles others only had the message yet they believed.
In our day, in Western societies, most calling themselves believers, have little understanding of the times. Their minds & heart have become clouded with the current Zeitgeist or spirit of the age. This Zeitgeist is a huge vague nebulous blob of ideas and beliefs which can be molded into nearly any form.
Ephesians 2:1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
In the west today, it seems governments are trying to emulate the first Biblically recorded attempt at world governance. History doesn’t repeat itself, it echoes through the corridors of time.
The EU headquarters looks to be designed after what the tower of Babel was thought to look like. Yeah, I know, some believers follow the mainstream narrative and scoff at the mentioning of similarities, others claiming to be believers decry such ideas as conspiratorial and ignore them. In my opinion those who do so are listening to The Spirit of the Age, they’ve chosen their Zeitgeist.
Sin running rampant, wickedness flowing from every crevasse of societies, corruptions of morals & norms both inside & out of the Chuches, with Scripture being delegated to mythological status. The world in which we are living is turning darker by the hour. Ignoring those proverbial signs is going to lead believers into more treacherous times.
Knowledge doesn’t equate to worries, stressors exist everywhere in our lives. Knowing something doesn’t mean you have to get stressed about what it is you know. As believers we read in 1st John 4:17. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19. We love him, because he first loved us. We as believers should have this understanding; that because we have this perfect love already inside of us, that perfect love is the Spirit of God which we received from Jesus the Christ. This world’s Zeitgeist brings with it fear & torment, but the Spirit within us is saying no to fear.
In our lifetime to have an understanding of the times is necessary now more than ever. As believers we need reach out to those around us, those in our circle of influence and lovingly share the Gospel or good news with them. We need to pray the Holy Spirit of GOD will convict them of sin, of righteousness, & of judgment, as we read in John 16:7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9. Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. We as believers need to seek that wisdom from above, humbling ourselves daily before our Savior and prayerfully asking for guidance. As stated in James 4:8. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Sharing with others the simplicity of the Gospel and planting seeds of real love & repentance in their hearts & minds is beyond value, as stated in 2nd Corinthians 1:12. For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. Knowing that time is short believers need to turn away from this worlds Zeitgeist and turn their hearts toward Jesus. Today is the day of salvation, none of us have a guarantee for a tomorrow nor do those around us.
Please do not ignore the signs around you. Aside from sin and wickedness the world governments and elites are reeling from their own hubris. Economic collapse stands at our doorsteps, inflationary signs are everywhere to be seen, earthquakes are increasing around the world, nations are preparing for war, Christians and other religious groups being persecuted & killed.
Yes all of these outward signs have always existed in their own various shades & colors, but never before has all of these events been able to affect so many on a global scale at a single point in time.
Here is a decent article on Ways to Survive an economic collapse, I would highly recommend reading it.
Another decent site for Can be found here, Offgrid Survival.
If you do a search for survival or prepping you’ll find an abundance of resources. There will be those who will say I’m not going to worry, God will provide. Those people are partially correct, God is providing, HE is providing you with the opportunity to prepare both spiritually and physically for what’s coming. To ignore the warning signs is like this:
So people wake up, see and know, having an understanding of the times.
In prayer, cya.