A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
1. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2. To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
3. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
4. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
5. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
6. When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
7. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
9. But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
10. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
11. But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.