1. I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
2. I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
3. My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
4. LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
5. Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.