Its common for Christians to claim to be looking for the second coming of the Messiah. We are told that is our blessed hope, to be with our GOD and HIS Son, to be united in Heaven surrounded by Divine Love forever.
The reality is most give little thought as to the process of reaching that state of being. Yes, accepting Jesus as our Savior, as the last sacrifice for sin, asking for forgiveness and giving ourselves to that new life given to us by the Father; being part of the body of believers, doing & fulfilling our part in that body, whether in leadership or elsewhere, everyone has their purpose, all have their position in the body of believers.
Our lives here are our reflection our lives to come. The wise servant received ten cities because he wisely utilized that which was entrusted to him, the other who buried what his lord gave him suffered loss when his lord returned. We are to seek to utilize what gifts or skills the Heavenly Father grants to us. If we squander those things in the end we will suffer loss.
As Believers we are to pray for our Lords return, but we need to be aware that its not going to be as glorious we’ve been led to believe. Yes after He comes & sets up His kingdom on this earth & beyond, glorious barely describes what we can expect, but that process of getting there; through that proverbial Day of the Lord, thats what few seem give thought to.
Some simply believe they’ll be raptured away while others think humans are going to establish GOD’s kingdom before His return, others believe some alien entity will save mankind from extinction, the views of the as many as there are churches & religions. I’ll drop a few Scriptures I believe point to the fact the Day of the Lord is not going to be as glorious as some expect.
In Isaiah chapter 13, verses 6 through 13 to start.
6. Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7. Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt:
8. And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
9. Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10. For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11. And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12. I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13. Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.
Here we read about
- Hands are faint
- Peoples hearts melt
- People being afraid
- Pangs (pains) & sorrow
- Pain as a woman in chilbirth
- Amazed at one another
- Faces shall be as flames…
In verse 9 we read this,
the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger
Wrath and fierce anger…. a Living GOD, Creator of the universe comes with wrath and fierce anger…🙁😟… why?
to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Laying the land desolate, bad yes, destroying the sinners out of it, worse. Why worse, because in Ezekiel 33:
11. Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Also in Ezekiel 18:
23. Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
The Father doesn’t find pleasure in the fact that the wicked are going to die, the Day of the Lord isn’t going to be something pleasurable for those going through it.
We read above,
I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place,
Millions are going to die, mankind is going to be rare and few left alive, definitely not in the billions when the Day of the Lord is over.
I’ll write more later, work calls.